Lachcha Paratha is originated from Punjab, India. This is very popular healthy breakfast in India. Crispy, flaky, flavored with spices totally delicious & healthy. Lachcha Paratha can be made by various methods and also using different flours like total wheat flour, total all purpose flour, 1/2 part wheat flour and 1/2 part all purpose flour.Spinach lachcha paratha is made with fresh spinach and flavored with cumin and paper amazing delicious.
Ingredients( serving-4 )
- Whole wheat flour – 2 cup
- Spinach-1 cup
- Garlic- 3-4 cloves
- Salt – 1/2 tsp to taste
- Black/white paper powder – 1/2tsp
- Cumin( roasted and crushed) – 1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil/butter/ghee – 2 tbsp
- Rice flour/some all purpose flour for dusting
Step 1 –In grinder take spinach and garlic add 2 tbsp water and grind it,keep aside.
Step 2 – Take wheat flour,salt,spinach puree,white paper powder,crushed cumin seed knead 2-3 minutes make smooth dough cover it keep aside for 10 minutes.
Step3 – Take lemon size ball from dough,dust little wheat flour on rolling board and roll it with the help of rolling pin make as possible as thin disc, spread oil /butter on top surface and sprinkle all purpose flour/rice flour. Cut it into stripes with knife. Roll stripes one by one make and roll again. Cover it,make all similar way and cover it for 10 minutes.
Step4 –Take one rolled ball and flatten it with the help of rolling pin make thin disc.
Step5 – Heat nonstick pan place paratha on it and cook in medium flame, drizzle little oil /butter turn it. Cook both sides of paratha till it becomes golden brown and crispy. Make all paratha similar way.
Serve Lachcha Paratha hot with yogurt /fruit yogurt/any raita/any curry.
- Do not make paratha thick otherwise layered will separate but it will not cooked inside.
- Sprinkle of all purpose flour/rice flour gives softness to paratha and helps keeping layered separate easily.