Karnataka cuisine is one of the oldest, surviving cuisine. Ragi roti serve in breakfast. Ragi/Finger millet is loaded with calcium, vitamin D, protein, iron, fiber.Ragi is good for bone development,digestion,heart and skin.Ragi roti is made with Ragi flour and flavored with spices.Perfect kneading make Ragi roti soft.
- Ragi flour-1 cup
- Wheat flour-1/4 cup optional
- Salt-1/2 tsp to taste
- Onion-2tsp finely chopped
- Garlic-1 tsp finely chopped
- Green chilli-1 tsp finely chopped
- Coriander leaves-1 tsp finely chopped
- Coconut -2 tsp fresh grated
- Black paper powder-1/2tsp
- Coconut( fresh, grated)-2 tbsp
- Sesame seed-1 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil- 2 tbsp
Step 1 – Mix all ingredients (except oil) in a bowl and make stiff dough (knead 7-8 minutes ) with water ,cover it and keep aside for 10 minutes.
Step 2 – Take lemon size ball from dough and roll it (using dry flour) and use any cutter cut it ( for perfect shape).
Step 3 – Heat nonstick pan and place roti and cook in low medium flame,apply little oil on roti and cook proper in both side 3-4 minutes, for crispy roti. Make all roti similar way and serve hot/cold with any curry.