Paneer or cottage cheese is used to make many main course as well as different types of appetizers.Paneer chili/chili paneer is popular appetizer in Indian- Chinese cuisine.Deep fried marinated paneer cooked in hot and tangy sauces flavored with roasted sesame seed makes it perfect party appetizer.
Ingredients (Serving two)
- Paneer – 2oo grams(homemade),cut in to big cubed
- Garlic – 1 tsp finely chopped
- Spring onion – 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Scallion – 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Green chili – 1/2 finely chopped
- Corn flour – 3 tbsp
- Dark soya sauce – 1 tsp
- Light soya sauce – 1 tsp
- Tomato chili sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper powder – 1+1 tea spoon
- Rice vinegar – 1/2 tea spoon
- Capsicum green,yellow – 6 to 8 pieces each
- Sesame seed – 1 tbsp,roasted
- Olive oil – for frying and cooking
Step 1 – In large bowl black paper, 1/2 tsp light soya sauce, corn flour,1/2 tsp olive oil mix well,add dice cottage cheese mix well.Cover with cling film and keep in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
Step 2 – Heat oil in a nonstick pan add marinade paneer and deep fry till it gets golden light brown color. Place in kitchen towel and keep aside.
Step 3 -Take 1 tbs oil in pan, add garlic, scallion and saute it. Next add bell paper and saute it for 40-50 seconds in high flame. Add green chili and saute it, add 1/2 tsp dark soya sauce, 1/2 tsp light soya sauces, tomato-chili sauce, 1/2 tsp black paper powder, corn starch- water mixture and mix it quickly. Add fried paneer and mix it properly & toss it then remove from heat. Add rice vinegar and toss it. Add spring onion, roasted sesame seed.
Serve hot as appetizers/starters/snacks.
- All sauces contain salt so no need to add salt.
- For better taste please use olive oil.