Paneer Chandni is Cottage cheese and nut base curry.First cottage cheese marinated then cooked in nutty gravy.
- Cottage cheese(Paneer)-250 grams
- Hung curd- 2 tbsp
- White pepper powder-1 tsp
- Ginger -garlic paste-1/2 tsp
- Salt-1/2 tsp
- Roasted gram flour-1 tbsp
- Cooking oil-1 tsp
- Cashew nut – 6 to 7pieces
- Almond -6-7pieces
- Ginger -garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- Bay leaf-1-2
- Coconut milk-2 tbsp(Optional)
- Onion – 1/2 cup chopped
- Coriander leaves – 1 tsp finely chopped
- Cumin seed – 1 tsp
- Green chili – 2 tbsp finely chopped
- White paper powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp ,to taste
- Cooking oil – 2 tbsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Step 1 –Cut paneer in to big pieces.In a bowl take all marination ingredient and mix well,add cottage cheese pieces mix well and cover it and keep in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Step-2 Take one cup water in a saucepan and add chopped onion and boil it 5 minutes till soften keep aside. Keep cashew nut and almond in a separate bowl of boiling water minutes till gets soften. Peel of almond and keep aside.In a grinder take onion and make fine paste keep aside.Also make fine paste of cashew nut and almond keep aside.
Step 3 – In pan heat 2 tbsp oil,add paneer pieces and cook 60 seconds till all sides little brown and remove from pan.In same pan add cumin seed when seed crackle add bay leaf,clove,cardamom mix it add grind onion paste and cook 1-2 minutes till oil separate from paste. Add ginger garlic paste, cook 30 seconds,add green chili cook 30 seconds, add all spices, salt, and mix it, add cashew nut almond paste,coconut milk, mix it proper.Add paneer mix well and cook on low flame for 1minutes. Switch off flame add garam masala and chopped coriander leaves mix well .
Serve with Roti/Naan!!!
- Do not add turmeric powder and red chili powder it will spoil texture and taste of Paneer Chandni.