Thai Curry is made from Thai curry paste, coconut milk, spices and fresh vegetables. In green Thai curry paste made from lemongrass, garlic, shallots, galangal , cilantro, green chili, kafir limes/lemon rind and spices. Thai curry is delicious, healthy, aromatic, creamy and easy to make at home.
Ingredients(For 2 serving)
For Green curry paste:
- Coriander leaves/Cilantro – 1 cup( leaf and root both)
- Cumin seed – 1tsp
- Green chili – 2-3
- Coriander seed-1 tbsp
- Lemon grass root-2 inch piece
- Galangal/Ginger-1/2 inch piece
- Lemon juice-1 tbsp
- Salt- 1/2 tsp, to taste
- lemon rind grated-1/4 tsp optional
- Kafir limes/basil leaves-2 tsp chopped
- Cooking oil – 2 tbsp
- Fresh coconut milk-1 cup
- Lemon grass stalk-1 cup made with lemon grass leaf(optional)
- Carrot- 1 inch long3-5 pieces
- Small onion-2 piece
- Broccoli-8 pieces
- Sweet baby corn-6 pieces
- French beans- 2 inch cut 6-8 pieces
- Baby green brinjals-2-4
- Yellow and Red bell paper-each 3 pieces dices
Step 1 – Take all green curry paste ingredients in grinder add 2 tbsp water salt and make fine paste( put paste in glass jar and can store in refrigerator for 2-3 days).
Step 2 –In saucepan take 2 cup water and put lemon grass and boil it reduce it till one cup .strain it and collect lemon grass stock keep aside.
Step 3 -Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan add onion,carrot,broccoli,bell paper,french beans,brinjal and stir fry 1 -2 minutes on high flame,Keep aside.
Step 4-Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan add 2 tbsp green curry paste and roast 1 minute. Add vegetables mix it cook 3-4 minutes add 2 cup water and one cup lemongrass stock cook in simmer 7-8 minutes till all vegetables become soft.
Step 5 –Add salt mix it proper,add coconut milk and cook 3 more minutes . Serve hot with steam rice.