Paneer or cottage cheese is used to make many main course as well as different types of appetizers. Deep fried paneer balls cooked in hot and tangy sauces flavored with roasted sesame seed makes it perfect party appetizer.
Ingredients (Serving two)
- Paneer – 2oo grams(homemade)
- Garlic – 1 tsp finely chopped
- Carrot – 1 tablespoon finely chopped
- Spring onion – 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Scallion – 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Green chili – 1/2 finely chopped
- Corn flour – 3 tbsp
- Dark soya sauce – 1 tsp
- Light soya sauce – 1 tsp
- Tomato chili sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper powder – 1+1 tea spoon
- Rice vinegar – 1/2 tea spoon
- Capsicum red,yellow – 6 to 8 pieces each
- Sesame seed – 1 tbsp
- Olive oil – for frying and cooking
Step 1 – In large bowl take paneer, black paper, 1/2 tsp light soya sauce, chopped,carrot and mix it properly to make dough without water.Mix 1 tbsp corn flour in water and keep aside. Dry roast sesame seed for 20 seconds and keep aside.
Step 2 – Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Roll ball into cornflour and deep fry till it gets golden brown color. Place in kitchen towel and keep aside.
Step 3 -Take 1 tbs oil in pan, add garlic, scallion and saute it. Next add bell paper and saute it for 40-50 seconds in high flame. Add green chili and saute it, add 1/2 tsp dark soya sauce, 1/2 tsp light soya sauces, tomato-chili sauce, 1/2 tsp black paper powder, corn starch- water mixture and mix it quickly. Add fried paneer ball and mix it properly & toss it then remove from heat. Add rice vinegar and toss it. Add spring onion, roasted sesame seed.
Serve hot as appetizers/starters/snacks.
- All sauces contain salt so no need to add salt.
- For better taste please use olive oil.