Mangodi (moong dal vadi) is popular in North India. It is healthy and delicious , easy to digest ,usually eaten in winter.
Ingredients (2 servings)
- Split moong dal-1 cup
- Cumin seed- 1 tsp
- coriander seed-1 tsp
- Salt-1tsp(to taste)
- Onion-1/2 cup finely chopped
- Garlic-3-4 cloves finely chopped
- Red chili flakes-1 tsp
- Cooking oil – For deep frying
- Fennel seed-1tsp
- Yogurt-1 cup
- Pomegranate-1/2 cup
- Coriander leaf-1 tbsp finely chopped
- Salt-1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder-1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- Black paper powder-1/2 tsp
Step 1 – Wash and soak the moong dal for 2 hours in lots of water.Roast cumin seed and coriander seed and make coarse powder keep aside.
Step 2 – In grinder take dal grind coarsely add 1-2 tbs water,keep aside.
Step 3 –Take batter in bowl and add salt, semolina, , red chili flakes, fennel seed, cumin -coriander coarse powder,onion,garlic and mix it. Cover the batter and keep aside for 20 minutes.
Step 4 – Heat oil for frying on medium hot oil,take small lemon size ball for vada.
Step 5– Slid the vada in hot oil fry in low medium flame until both side crispy and golden brown.
Step6 – Take out vada and keep in tissue paper and fry all vadas in similar way.
Step7-Take yogurt,salt all spices and mix well add mangodi mix it garnish with pomegranate seed and coriander leaf enjoy it !!!!!!!
- Fry vada in low medium flame for crispy outside and softy inside texture.
- Do not add salt when grinding otherwise batter becomes runny.
- Use of semolina is good option,semolina absorb water from batter,and make crispy vada also use of semolina vada absorb very less amount of oil,test is delicious.