Dodha/Dhoda Burfi is classic Punjabi sweets.Made with fresh milk in auspicious day.Some tricky tips makes Dhoda Burfi perfect grainy texture.
Ingredients (For 20 pieces)
- Sugar(brown sugar) –3 tbsp
- Milk-2 liter
- Lemon juice-2-3tsp
- Cardamon powder – 1tsp
- Rose water – 1 tsp (Optional)
- Pistachio –3to4 finely chopped
- Ghee -2 tbsp
- Almond -3 tbsp finely chopped
- Cashew nut-2 tbsp finely chopped
- Broken wheat-2 tbsp
- Cocoa powder-2 tsp
Step 1 – Take milk in big thick bottom/nonstick pan and boil it,adjust flame and cook milk until it get thick(1/3 of original volume). Stir it with regular interval.
Step 2 – Dilute lemon juice with 2 tsp water.
Step 3 – Add dilute lemon juice in milk and leave it for 30-40 seconds(do not stir) mixture will became grain.
Step4-Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a add broken wheat,chopped cashew nut,pistachio,chopped almond, roast 2-3 min in low flame till crunchy and golden brown ,keep aside.
Step 5 – After 40 seconds stir proper and cook 8-10 minutes then add sugar,cardamom powder,rose water, roasted dry fruits,cocoa powder and cook 5-10 minutes.mixture will became reduced,brown and solid.
Step 6 – Grease any steel bowl and pour all mixture ,press and spread proper,cover it with steel lid and keep aside for 4 to 5 hours.
Step 7 – After 5 hours Dodha Burfi will set,cut it .Ready for serve.
- Reduce milk proper and stir it regular interval.
- After add lemon juice do not stir for 30 seconds ,otherwise grain will not form proper.
- Before cutting keep steel bowl in heat for 4-5 seconds ,so easily Dodha Burficome out from bowl.
- Most important use only steel bowl and lid for Dodha Burfi set,steel metal gives high heat and gives dark color which is specialty of Dodha Burfi.