Pav Bhaji is very popular fast food in Maharashtra India.Made with thick vegetable curry flavored with spices and served with soft Pav bread.It is cooked in big iron skillet /griddle.
- Tomato-2 cup finely chopped
- Carrot – 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Potato – 1 boiled lightly mashed
- White dried peas – 1/2 cup soaked and boiled, lightly mashed
- Cauliflower,capsicum,beetroot-each 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Salt-1-2 tsp to taste
- Onion – 1 cup finely chopped
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1tbsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tsp finely chopped
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Green chili – 1 finely chopped
- pav bhaji masala – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp ,to taste
- Olive oil/butter – 3 tbs
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Pav bread/bun/multi grain pav bread
Step 1 – Take one cup water in a saucepan and add chopped carrot,chopped cauliflower,chopped cabbage,,beet root then boil it for 10-12 minutes till vegetable gets soften( or take all chopped vegetable in microwave dish and cook without water 3-4 minutes). Switch off flame and cool it aside.
Step 2 – Heat 2tbs olive oil/butter in a big nonstick griddle/skillet then saute chopped onion,capsicum,add ginger garlic paste and keep in corner of griddle . Add tomato and cook 3-4 minute with stirring again keep tomato in corner of griddle.add pav bhaji masala garam masala,red chili powder,cumin powder mix it quickly 30 seconds add boiled and mashed potato mix it,add cooked vegetable mix well cook 2-4 minutes add boiled green peas mix well(you can use potato masher) all vegetables ,tomato,onion,salt, cook 3-4 minutes add 1/2 cup water mix well cook 2 more minutes take out bhaji in serving bowl add1tsp lemon juice and coriander leaves.
Step 3 – Take pav(i used here homemade multi grain pav,you can check my pav bread recipe) cut into the horizontally.
Step4-In same griddle add little olive oil/butter,add pav bhaji masala, coriander leaves place pav and shallow fry both side for 1 minute.Serve hot with bhaji,onion and lemon wedges