Kheer is very delicious traditional Indian dessert. Rice is cooked in milk and flavored with nuts and saffron.
Ingredients (For- 4 serving )
- Milk – 1 liter
- Rice – 2 tbs
- Ghee -2 tsp(optional)
- Saffron – Some threads
- Cardamon powder – 1tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Rose water – 1 tsp (Optional)
- Pistachio – 3 to 4 tsp finely chopped
- Almond – 8 to 10
- Almond powder – 2 tsp
- Cashew nut – 8 to 10
- Cashew nut powder -2 tsp
- Raisins – 10 to 15
Step 1-Wash and soak basmati rice for 25 minutes also soak saffron-in 1tsp milk keep aside.
Step 2 -Heat deep nonstick pan add 1 tsp ghee and roast cashew nut and almond till golden keep aside in same pan add rice roast it 1 minute then add milk and boil it,after boiling reduce flame and cook 10 minutes with continuous stirring,add sugar and mix it proper.Add raisins and cook 4 minutes then add saffron milk,cardamom powder,cashew nut powder,almond powder and mix well cook till kheer reduces to 1/3 of original quantity add rose water switch off flame,garnish with roasted cashew nut,almond and chopped pistachio.
Serve hot/cold both are amazing delicious.
- Use quantity and type of dry fruits on your choice.
- Roasting of rice is optional u can avoid it,but roasting of rice give great flavor and aroma to kheer.
- Cashew nut ,almond powder totally mix with milk and give perfect creamy taste so please don’t avoid it.