Chole Bhature is very popular food in India . Soft, fluffy Bhature and spicy Chhole mouthwatering combination.
Ingredients( 7-8 bhature)
- For Bhatura
- All purpose flour-2 cup
- Curd-1/4 cup
- Baking soda- 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder-1 pinch
- Water as required
- Salt-to taste
- Oil for deep- frying
- For Chhole(2-3 serving)
- White Chickpeas/chhole-1 cup
- Onion-2 grated
- Asafoetida/hing-1 pinch
- Red chilli-1 tsp
- Ginger and garlic paste-2 tsp
- Garam masala-1/2 tsp
- Chhole masala-1 tsp
- Dry mango powder/ pomegranate powder-1/2 tsp
- Whole clove-3-4
- Whole black paper-3-4-
- Bay leaf-1-2
- Salt- to taste
- Cashew nut powder-1tbs
- Cooking oil-1 tbs
- Ginger-4-5 Julienne for garnish
- Onion 4-5 ring for garnish
Step 1 – Combine all ingredients in a bowl mix very well then add little water and make semi-stiff dough (knead10-15 minutes) , cover dough with damp cloth and keep aside for 1 hour.
Step 2 – After 1 hour take dough and knead 5 -10,and make ball from dough and cover with damp cloth for 10 minutes.
Step 3 – Heat the oil in deep nonstick pan.
Step 4 – Take ball and roll it into a chapati size with the help of rolling pin.
Step 5 – Place bhatura in hot oil on a medium flame and deep fry till bhatura puff up and turn golden in both side,take out bhatura and keep in tissue paper. Serve hot with chhole.
Step 7 – Wash and soak chickpeas for 8to 10hours/overnight.
Step 8 – Wash chickpeas with fresh water and keep in pressure cooker add 1 TSP salt, 4 cup water close lid and give 6 to 7 whistles then keep in low flame for 2 to 3 minutes,remove from heat and cool it.
Step 9 – Heat nonstick pan add oil ,in oil add cumin seeds,black paper,bay leaf,cloves then add grated onion fry until turns brown ,add ginger garlic paste cook until rawness gone,add all spices red chili powder chhole masala ,gram masala,salt,then add time to puree mix it proper and cook 2 to 3 minutes until oil float on tomato then add chickpeas with water mix it and cover it cook on low flame for 8 to 10 minutes .
Step 10 – Open lid add Cashew nut powder and dry mango powder mix it proper and remove from heat. Serve with bhature.
- For Bhature knead dough semi stiff, do not add too much water otherwise Bhature will not puff up.
- For Bhature relaxing period is very important don’t avoid it.
- For Bhature oil will be hot and kneading dough with butter give soft Bhature.
- Don’t use oil /flour for rolling Bhature.
- For Chhole cashew nut powder give rich flavor it’s optional .