Missi Roti is an classic roti from Punjab and Rajasthan.
- Bengal gram flour – 1 cup
- Whole wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Fenugreek leaves(kasuri methi) – 1 tbsp( optional)
- Salt – 1/2 tsp to taste
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tsp finely chopped
- Black paper powder – 1/2tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Onion – 2 tbs finely chopped( optional)
- Green chili – 1/2 tsp finely chopped
- Ajwain – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1/2 tsp( optional)
- cooking oil/butter – 2 tbs
Step 1 – Mix all ingredients in a bowl, add 1 tsp oil and make soft,smooth dough with water (knead 10 minutes), cover it and keep aside for 30 minutes.
Step 2 – Take lemon size ball from dough and roll it using dry gram flour and cut with round cutter for perfect shape.
Step 3 – Heat nonstick tava(griddle) and place roti and cook in low medium flame, apply little oil/butter on roti and cook proper in both side 3-4 minutes . Make all roti similar way and serve hot/cold with curd/chutney/curry.