Missi Roti is one of most delicious roti in North Indian cousine.It is not very simple wheat and gram flour roti .Spices of Missi Roti makes Missi Roti uniqe taste.Missi roti is perfect with any gravy/curd .
- Bengal gram flour – 1 cup
- Whole wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Fenugreek leaves(kasuri methi) – 1 tbsp( optional)
- Salt – 1/2 tsp to taste
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tsp finely chopped
- Onion – 2 tbsp finely chopped( optional)
- Green chili – 1/2 tsp finely chopped
Missi roti spices-
- Pomegranate seed-1 tsp
- Carom seed-1/2 tsp
- Whole Black pepper – 1/2tsp
- Cumin seed – 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice – 1/2 tsp( optional)
Cooking oil/butter – 2 tbsp
Step 1 -Dry roast missi roti spices and make fine powder keep aside. Mix all ingredients,Missi roti spices in a bowl, add 1 tsp oil and make soft,smooth dough with water (knead 10 minutes), cover it and keep aside for 10 minutes.
Step 2 – Take lemon size ball from dough,dust some dry gram flour and roll it round using rolling pin ( I cut it with round cutter for perfect shape).
Step 3 – Heat nonstick tava(griddle) and place roti and cook in low medium flame, apply little oil/butter on roti and cook proper in both side 3-4 minutes . Make all roti similar way and serve hot/cold with curd/chutney/curry.