Akki Roti is a popular breakfast in Karnataka.Akki roti is rice flour bread ,assorted with finely chopped carrot,onion,green chili,coconut.Soft rice flour dough ,flatten very carefully and cooked with little oil.
- Rice flour – 2 cup
- Coconut – 1/2 cup fresh grated
- Carrot – 1 tbsp grated
- Salt – 1/2 tsp to taste
- Extra rice flour for dusting
- Coriander leaves – 1 tsp finely chopped
- Black paper powder – 1/2tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Onion – 2 tbsp finely chopped( optional)
- Green chili – 1/2 tsp finely chopped
- Cooking oil/butter – 2 tbsp
Step 1 – Mix all ingredients in a bowl then add 1 tsp oil and make soft, smooth dough with water (knead 10 minutes). Cover it and keep aside for 20 minutes.
Step 2 – Take lemon size ball from dough and roll it using dry flour and cut with round cutter for perfect shape.
Step 3- Heat nonstick tava(griddle) and place roti and cook in low medium flame, apply little oil/butter on roti and cook proper in both side 3-4 minutes. Make all roti similar way and serve hot/cold with curd/chutney/curry.