Indian traditional sweet made from fresh cottage cheese(paneer) and mawa, deep in sugar syrup .Mawa paneer jalebi is delicious jalebi and it is little thicker then regular jalebi.Also Mawa paneer jalebi is crusty,crunchy out side and inside very soft ,totally delicious treat.
Ingredients (For 8 to 10 pieces)
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Paneer/Cottage Cheese – 1/2 cup
- Mawa – 1/2 cup
- Corn starch – 1tbsp
- Cardamon powder – 1 tsp
- Rose water – 1 tsp (Optional)
- Pistachio – 3 to 4 finely chopped
- All purpose flour – 1cup
- Water- 1/2 cup
- Saffron – Few strands
- Cooking oil – For deep frying
Step 1 – Take one bowl and add all purpose flour & water. Mix it properly and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
Step 2 – Add paneer, mawa, corn starch then mix properly then keep aside for 15 minutes.
Step 3 – Mix 1 cup sugar with 1/2 cup water and make 1/2 string sugar syrup.Add lemon juice and saffron then keep aside.
Step 4 – Mix batter and pour in any piping bag/sauce bottles.
Step 5 – Heat oil for frying on medium hot oil. Squeeze the bottle and make Jalebi ring and cooked in low flame until both side hard ,crispy and golden.
Step 6 – Remove Jalebi from oil and put the hot sugar syrup for 30 seconds then remove from syrup and keep in plate.
Step 7 – Garnish with pistachio and serve it.
- Fry Jalebi in low heat to get crispy Jalebi
- Sugar syrup should be warm when dip Jalebi into it, so that it gets easily absorb syrup inside
- Do not put Jalebi in hot sugar syrup otherwise Jalebi turn soft