Indian traditional sweet made from fresh cottage cheese(paneer) and mawa, deep in sugar syrup .
Ingredients (For 8 to 10 pieces)
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Paneer/Cottage Cheese – 1/2 cup
- Mawa – 1/2 cup
- Corn starch – 1tbs
- Cardamon powder – 1 tsp
- Rose water – 1 tsp (Optional)
- Pistachio – 3 to 4 finely chopped
- All purpose flour – 1cup
- Water- 1/2 cup
- Saffron – Few strands
- Cooking oil – For deep frying
Step 1 – Take one bowl and add all purpose flour & water. Mix it properly and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
Step 2 – Add paneer, mawa, corn starch then mix properly then keep aside for 15 minutes.
Step 3 – Mix 1 cup sugar with 1/2 cup water and make 1/2 string sugar syrup.Add lemon juice and saffron then keep aside.
Step 4 – Mix batter and pour in any piping bag/sauce bottles.
Step 5 – Heat oil for frying on medium hot oil. Squeeze the bottle and make Jalebi ring and cooked in low flame until both side hard ,crispy and golden.
Step 6 – Remove Jalebi from oil and put the hot sugar syrup for 30 seconds then remove from syrup and keep in plate.
Step 7 – Garnish with pistachio and serve it.
- Fry Jalebi in low heat to get crispy Jalebi
- Sugar syrup should be warm when dip Jalebi into it, so that it gets easily absorb syrup inside
- Do not put Jalebi in hot sugar syrup otherwise Jalebi turn soft