Roshogolla is one of the most popular dessert specially in South Asian countries. Originated from Bengal. It is made from dumplings of cottage cheese and cooked in light sugar syrup.
Ingredients (serving- 10)
- Fresh Paneer – 1/2 cup
- All purpose flour – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar syrup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – 4 cups
- Saffron – Some threads
- Cardamon powder – 1tsp
- Rose water – 1 tsp (Optional)
For Roshogolla ball – Mix all ingredients and kneed around 20 minutes and make 8 to 10 balls.
For Sugar Syrup – Mix water and sugar and boil it then add Roshogolla balls.Cover it and cook it for 20 minutes in medium flame. Switch off flame and open the lid and check Roshogolla in half cup of water if Roshogolla balls gets deep in water that means it cooked perfectly.
Let it cool it’s own and after 4 to 5 hours its ready to be served.
- Ensure Roshogolla balls are made using perfect pressure from palm so that no cracks formed
- It is important not to open lid before 20 minutes while making sugar syrup
- Heating should done using perfectly medium to high flame. If not done so this will make Roshogolla shrink.