Rasmalai is made from rich cottage cheese cake (Rosogolla) without crust deep in thick sweet milk.
Ingredients (For 8 to 10 pieces)
- Fresh Paneer – 1/2 cup
- All purpose flour – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar syrup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – 4 cups
- Milk – 1 liter
- Saffron – Some threads
- Cardamon powder – 1tsp
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Rose water – 1 tsp (Optional)
- Pistachio and Almond – 3 to 4 tsp finely chopped
For Roshogolla ball – Mix all ingredients and kneed around 20 minutes and make 8 to 10 balls.
For Sugar Syrup – Mix water and sugar and boil it then add Roshogolla balls.Cover it and cook it for 20 minutes in medium flame. Switch off flame and open the lid and check Roshogolla in half cup of water if Roshogolla balls gets deep in water that means it cooked perfectly.
For Rabri – Take milk in a bowl and boil it until its volume gets reduced to 1/3. Add sugar, saffron, rose water and cooked Rosogolla balls. Cover it and cook it for 5 to 10 minutes in medium flame. Switch off flame and cool it and garnish with pistachio & almond.
Finally let it cool it’s own and after 1 to 2 hours its ready to be served.
- Ensure Roshogolla balls are made using perfect pressure from palm so that no cracks formed
- It is important not to open lid before 20 minutes while making sugar syrup
- Heating should done using perfectly medium to high flame. If not done so this will make Roshogolla shrink
- For Rasmalai keep cooked Roshogolla in plate for around 10 minutes and press little bit and squeeze all water. After that add in rabri.