Curry puff is a very popular snack of South Asia.It is a deep fried /baked crescent-shaped pastry filled with curry potato.
Ingredients (For 8 to 10 pieces)
- All purpose flour – 5 tbsp
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp
- Corn flour – 1
- Salt – 1/2 tsp (to taste)
- Cold water – 1 cup
- Butter/oil – 1 tbsp for dough
- For stuffing
- Potato -2 boiled
- Cottage cheese/paneer – 1/2 cup(optional)
- Carrot- 1 tbs finely chopped
- Onion – 1 tbs finely chopped
- Curry leaves -5-7 finely chopped
- Red chili powder-1tsp
- Garlic – 4 to 5 finely chopped
- Green chili – 1 to 2 finely chopped
- Curry powder – 1 tsp
- Cooking oil – For deep frying
Step 1 – Take all purpose flour,rice flour,corn flour in a bowl add oil,salt mix it proper and make soft dough with the help of cold water,cover it with damp cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes.
Step 2 – In nonstick pan add 1 tbs oil and heat it,add garlic saute 30 seconds then add onion saute it,add carrot,curry leaves,green chili, saute it and add all spices and boiled roughly mashed potato mix it cook 2-3 minute then add 2 tbs water mix proper cook until mixture become dry and remove from heat and cool it completely.
Step 3 –Take small ball from dough and roll them into small puris.
Step 4 -Put 1tsp stuffing on one side of puri, fold the other side,seal to edge with hand or any fork and cover it with cloth. Make all puff similar way.
Step 5 – Heat oil for frying on medium hot oil place puffs on pan and cook in low medium flame,turn puffs and cook both side until golden brown .
Step 6 – Take out curry puff, drain on an tissue paper. Cool and serve.