Paneer (Cottage Cheese) is good for teeth and bones. It is good source of rich protein, vitamin-B. It helps in making immune system strong and very good for kids. It has Linoleic fatty acid; which is good for heart. Using Paneer varieties of dishes can be made; which is loved by everyone.
- Milk – 2 liter
- Fresh lemon juice – 3-4 tbsp
- Ice cube/cold water
- Cheese clothes/cotton handkerchief/Muslin cloth
- Any heavy weight item like pressure cooker, mortar
Step 1 – Take milk in large bowl and boil it.
Step 2 – When milk starts boiling, add one cup of cold water to reduce temperature.
Step 3 – Add lemon juice and stir it also reduce stove flame.When milk curdle completely then switch off the stove and add ice cube or ice cold water.
Step 4 – Keep strainer on top of bowl and cover with cloth then pour the curdled milk.
Step 5 – Rinse curdled milk with cold water to remove the smell of lemon.
Step 6 – Drain the water completely.
Step 7 – Take another cloth and place this coagulated milk, wrap it tightly and Put heavyweight item on top of it and keep it for 30 minutes.
Step 8 – After 30 minutes it will become in hard and block shape. Keep into freeze.
Step 9 – After two hours it’s ready to use and good to stay for 4-5 days.
- Always store paneer in the freeze wrapped in cloth
- For flavored paneer, after step 6 choose any one of below option:
- Add salt, roasted cumin and black pepper
- Salt, red chili flake and coriander leaves
- Salt and thyme