Brown rice is rich in high fiber. It helps reducing cholesterol level and controlling blood sugar. Rich manganese helps nervous/reproductive system. This is a great healthy food for kids and adults.
- For cooking rice
- Brown basmati rice – 1 cup
- Water – 5 cups
- Salt – 1/2 tea spoon
- Olive oil or cooking oil – 2-3 drops
- Other ingredients
- Garlic – 1 tablespoon finely chopped
- Carrot – 2 tablespoon finely chopped
- Onion – 2 tablespoon finely chopped
- Spring onion – 1 cup finely chopped
- Scallion – 2 tablespoon finely chopped
- Green chili – 1 finely chopped
- Cottage Cheese(Paneer) – 6 to 7 small cube pieces
- Cabbage – 1/2 cup shredded
- Schezwan sauce – 2 tablespoon
- Soya sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Tomato chili sauce – 2 tablespoon
- Black pepper powder – 1 tea spoon
- Rice vinegar – 1/2 tea spoon
- Capsicum red,yellow – 4 pieces diced cut
- White beans – 1/2 cup , rinse 3-4 times then soak in water for 30 minutes and boil 10 minutes in pinch of salt
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoon
Step 1 – Rinse rice 3-4 times and drain then keep aside for 45 minutes.
Step 2 – Heat pot and boil the water. Add rice in boiling water then salt and oil and cook until soft. Remove pot from fire and strain the rice. Cover it and keep aside.
Step 3 – Preparing fried rice:
- Heat oil in non-stick pan
- Add garlic saute for 10-15 seconds
- Add scallion, onion, chili, carrot, cabbage, capsicum and saute on high flame continuously for 2 minutes. Add black pepper powder, schezwan sauce, soya sauce & tomato chill sauce.
- Add boiled white beans and cottage cheese and toss it.
- Add brown rice and toss again gently
- Add rice vinegar & spring onion and toss
Serve it hot with any Manchurian dish.
– All sauces contains salt so no need to add salt
– In high flame saute and toss all vegetables makes it crispy