Gulab Jamun is a milk solid(khoya) based sweets very popular in South Asia.
Ingredients for 8 pieces
- For Gulab Jamun ball
- Khoya/Mawa(homemade)– 1 Cup
- All purpose flour – 2 tbs
- Lukewarm milk-2tbs(add as required)
- Baking powder -1/2tsp
- Baking soda-1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil(for Gulab Jamun ball frying)
- Raisins,Pistachio,Almond finely chopped mix – 2tbs(Stuffing in Gulab Jamun is optional)
- For Sugar syrup
- Sugar – 1cup
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Saffron- some threads/strands
- Cardamom powder-1tsp
- Lemon juice-1tsp
Step 1 –Take a bowl and add khoya,all purpose flour then mix it properly and add milk & kneed for 5 to 7 minutes . Add baking soda and baking powder and kneed again 2 to 4 minutes. Make small round ball from it.
Step 2 – Take one ball and add all stuffing and mix it proper keep aside.
Step 3 – Take pan add sugar and water; boil it and make 1/2 string sugar syrup. Add lemon juice and saffron, cardamom powder.
Step 4 – Take one small round ball and put some stuffing in center and close proper and give perfect round shape with the help of palm. Make all ball in similar way.
Step 5 – Take pan add cooking oil,on medium hot oil add ball. Fry until it gets golden brown in color in low medium heat. Fry all ball and cool it for 2 to 3 minutes.
Step 6– In hot sugar syrup add all balls and keep it dipped for 30 to 45 minutes. Now it is ready for serve.
- While frying Gulab Jamun check first small ball fry in oil if Gulab Jamun soft then add little flour and kneed again and make ball then fry .
- When frying Gulab Jamun if it doesn’t increase in size it means ball is hard add some milk and kneed again then make ball and fry it.
- When Gulab Jamun not soaking proper sugar syrup, take all Gulab Jamun with syrup and heat few seconds,don’t boil( use microwave/gas top)
- Avoid crystallization, add lemon juice in sugar syrup.