Indian traditional sweet made from fresh milk.
Ingredients (For 8 to 10 pieces)
- Sugar(brown sugar) –3 tbs
- Milk-2 liter
- Lemon juice-2-3tsp
- Cardamon powder – 1tsp
- Rose water – 1 tsp (Optional)
- Pistachio –3to4 finely chopped
- Ghee -1tsp( for grease)
- Almond -3 to 4 tsp finely chopped
Step 1 – Take milk in big thick bottom/nonstick pan and boil it,adjust flame and cook milk until it get thick(1/3 of original volume). Stir it with regular interval.
Step 2 – Dilute lemon juice with 2 tsp water.
Step 3 – Add dilute lemon juice in milk and leave it for 30-40 seconds(do not stir) mixture will became grain.
Step 4 – After 40 seconds stir proper and cook 8-10 minutes then add sugar,cardamom powder,rose water and cook 5-10 minutes.mixture will became reduced and solid.
Step 5 – Grease any steel bowl and pour all mixture ,press and spread proper,cover it with steel lid and keep aside for 4 to 5 hours.
Step 6 – After 5 hours milk cake will set,cut it and garnish with almond ,pistachio.Ready for serve.
- Reduce milk proper and stir it regular interval.
- After add lemon juice do not stir for 30 seconds ,otherwise grain will not form proper.
- Before cutting keep steel bowl in heat for 4-5 seconds ,so easily milk cake come out from bowl.
- Most important use only steel bowl and lid for milk cake set,steel metal gives high heat and cake cook proper in middle layer and gives dark color and upper and down layer cold quick and give light color which is specialty of Milk Cake burfi.